We are called to respond to the good news of God’s love in Christ Jesus as we follow Him each day. Our lives are lived out in our worship and mission. In particular, we focus upon:
- Worship: because the Church exists to increase awareness of God’s presence and to celebrate God’s love.
- Learning and Caring: because the Church exists to help people to grow and learn as Christians, through mutual support and care.
- Service: because the Church exists to be a good neighbour to people in need and to challenge injustice.
- Evangelism: because the Church exists to make more followers of Jesus Christ.
Our Priority is to proclaim and affirm our conviction of God’s love in Christ, for us and for all the world; and renew confidence in God’s presence and action in the world and in the Church.
Attention is therefore given to the following:
- Underpinning everything we do with God-centred worship and prayer
- Supporting community development and action for justice, especially among the most deprived and poor – in Britain and worldwide
- Developing confidence in evangelism and in the capacity to speak of God and faith in ways that make sense to all involved
- Encouraging fresh ways of being Church
- Nurturing a culture in the Church which is people-centred and flexible.
We invite you to join us in helping to achieve this, and to find a church that’s near you.